Looking for love this year? Or at least a date?
You may get online to help you check off that New Year’s resolution of finding a mate.
The real question is will you get a message from that potential special someone?
Well, dating site Plenty of Fish said that depends on a number of factors including age, education, and income among others.
This month, the site said it processed 1.8 million messages over seven days from heterosexual users in the U.S. ages 25 to 35 to describe the most desirable men and women in 2014.
On the surface, it looks like women who are young, highly educated, and capable of having a serious relationship get more messages. So do men who are financially secure, highly educated and want children.
Their analysis showed the most desirable singles are:
- Women who are 25 years old. They get 14.4 percent more messages. Comparatively, women who are 33 years old receive the fewest number of messages.
- Women with a post secondary degree. Those with graduate degrees get 6.45 percent more messages. Women who have a high school diploma receive 10 percent fewer messages.
- Women who are Catholic. They receive 20 percent more messages.
- Women who say they drink often or socially. The ladies who drink get 4.4 percent more messages. Women who don’t drink receive 24 percent fewer messages.
- Women who describe themselves as “thin” or “athletic.” They get 41 percent more messages than the average user.
- Women who have been in a relationship for at least three years but not more than eight years. Women who have been in a relationship for less than one year get 31 percent fewer messages.
- Women who are dog owners. They get 5 percent more messages.
- Men who earn between $100,000 and $150,000 a year. They get 42 percent more messages
- Men who want to be in a relationship. They get 38 percent more messages. Men who want a casual thing receive 52 percent fewer messages.
- Men who are Christian. They get 30 percent more messages.
- Men who have a doctorate degree. They get 33 percent more messages.
- Men who have brown hair. They get 20 percent more messages.
- Men who describe themselves as having an “athletic” build. They get 35 percent more messages.
- Men who want children. They get 23 percent more messages. Men who say they don’t want kids get 42 percent fewer messages.
Need to give your dating life a boost? Sign up for RedEye Dating.
Want more? Discuss this article and others on RedEye’s Facebook page.